Tuesday, September 18, 2007

All the rhetorical questions I've asked today

even though James Dobson said, "Don't ask your children rhetorical questions."

Whose shoes are these?
Why are the cereal dishes on the table?
Who let the dog out? (No seriously... I asked that... not a funny song at our house.)
Why does the dog stink?
What is the dog covered in?
What did the dog roll in?
Who is going to give the dog a bath?
Where is her father?

Are you doing your school work?
What do you do when you are done with that subject?
Who was in the "teachers only" cabinet?
Who made this mess?
Wasn't the school room clean when we started?
Then why do you think we can leave it this way?
Are you being helpful?
Do you like to work all by yourself?

Don't you think I should be able to go to the bathroom by myself?
Don't you think even moms need a minute of privacy?
When I'm on the phone, don't you think it would be a good time to not play the harmonica?

Do we chew with our mouth open?
Do we need to make those noises at the table?
Do we need a reminder to not make those noises at the table?
What do you mean you can't help it?
Why don't we make those noises at the table?
When can we make those noises?
Are you serious?

Are you getting your pajamas on?
Are you brushing your teeth?
Is your room clean?
Why is Aiden screaming?
Are you being careful?
Are you being thoughtful?
Are you trying to drive me crazy?

Have I lost my mind?
How did I aquire so much laundry?
When did this happen?
Wasn't I going to stay organized this week?
Where is my brain?
Why don't these jeans fit?
Where did the time go?

No comments: