Wednesday, August 8, 2007

When the day starts out like this....

"KRISTA!!!!!!!!!"
"KRISTA..... CAN YOU COME IN HERE!!!"
Did I mention that it was 5:30 AM !!!! After only 3 1/2 hours of sleep this is still the middle of the night!!! My husband (name to be chosen later) is yelling for me from the bathroom. I happily arise from my slumber to discover that he has chosen to shave his head and is upset because he has just experienced the ice cold water coming from the shower because apparently the gas tank is empty and we no longer have warm water. (But we do not know this yet.) I help him get rid of the hair that is sticking to his back and neck and climb back into my warm bed.



Only to come across the note in the kitchen 3 hours later... "Call Goco-we are out of gas." Well at least we know why we didn't have warm water. Goco delivers liquid propane to our house- more frequently in the winter, not so much in the summer for obvious reasons. One call to Goco reminds me that they have sold out to another company which lets me know that I did not return their contract that they sent me last week so because of that they will charge me a $75 fee for a special trip and $30 for a leaks test because we are out of gas and it is state law to do the test" Welll.... what a nice howdy do for a new customer.
After a convincing conversation of "Didn't Goco tell you what customers were on keep fill- like us? We didn't empty out the tank in the time the contract was sitting on my desk"... it is only suppose to get to 30% before they come fill.

I go back to the kitchen to check on the littlest boy- named Punchee for having a strong left hook at the ripe age of 2 weeks- eating all the leftover cereal milk- did I say eating, I meant drinking from all the bowls on the kitchen table from the other crazy kids. Nice mess.

I smell gas

I'll get to the point

7 calls to a friend
4 calls to city hall to find a Fire Fighter that could bring a meter out to the house
several attemped evacuations (should I open doors, should I answer that call, should I grab Lil Crazy Lady's blanket...
1 Fire Fighter with little experience comes
2 Lakes Area Gas People Come
Several calls from husband
1 Appliance guy comes
several calls from fire fighters

and we have a small gas leak in the valve to the stove- which caused the horrible odor from the empty LP tank. Because of low pressure the tank was emitting a lot of vapor- and was coming out the leak in the stove. We have the gas turned off to the stove. Thermador gets no points from us!!!

WHEW!!!
What a morning!
Thanks friend, thanks gas people, thanks firefighters, thanks husband, thanks appliance guy
no thanks thermador

No comments: